Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day Five- Seven : May 16, 2012 - May 19,2012


 So two days in a row Ace got out while I was at school. The first time he pushed on a wire panel with his chest while in the barn area. One of my other horses, Levi, chased him all around the pasture so Ace cleared the 5 foot round pen fence to jump in with Harley. The next day he had me worried sick because he was chased through an electric fence (which he broke) and he was in a boarder's field with a horse named Tuck and a his donkey friend. On a better note all I did was walk into the area he was and he took a few steps to me and let me put his halter on and walk all the way back to the back pasture.

But besides getting out Ace and Harley have been doing so much better! I worked with their feet and picking them up. Harley is very touchy and so it was simple to get him to lift his foot up. Ace is much lazier so it takes more pressure to get them to do anything. With Ace's back legs he swings them out alittle and worries me that he might kick me acceidently but he seems to get better everyday. I have also started lunging Ace and Harley on a rope in the round pen and outside. They both go on nice long walks with me around the field now too. Ace learned how to trot beside me also, but Harley doesn't really like the idea so Im going a little slower with him there. I've been desensitizing them to myself also by jumping up and down around them. Its seemed to help some but they are so much more comfortable around me it doesnt really seem to do to much. They let me fly spray all over them and on their face every night so the mosquitos wont bite them all night.

Im sure we worked on more but thats all I can remember for those days.





No comments:

Post a Comment