Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day Four: May 15, 2012

So again my mom picked me up at 3:00. After getting red and sunburnt two days in a row I smartend up and put sunscreen and a hat on before going out and seeing them.

Over all Harley did sssooo much better today. I can get him to hold still even better now and I gave him a lunging lesson. It was really muddy though so I didnt have him go around too much because he was slipping and slidding all over the place. He is much more respectful of my space than Ace is but he is jumpier. So instead of working on respecting my space like I did with Ace yesterday, I worked on desensitizing to my whip and my self. I jumped up and down beside him today also. I couldnt do it too much because it was really hard in rubber boots and made more noise. Harley did great though. Then I went ahead and tried to lunge him on a rope. Harley just yeilded his hindquarters and stepped back. It is hard for the him to get the concept. Poor baby was doing so well at side passing away and tiliting his head in beautifuly. The flys were very bothersome to Harley so I did his first introduction to fly spray. I jumped around a bit, but he wasnt bad at all! I was able to spray both sides of him, his legs and his rear.

I didn't get to work with Ace today with only two hours to spare. All of that time was needed to get Harely back into forward motion. All I did was halter Ace and fly spray him aswell. Im really thrilled about him today too though. I mean I didnt even work with him and he let me spray fly spray all over him.

 Harley choosing oats over hay.
 Fly spray!
 Ace's unique looking eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment