Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pick Up Day- May 11, 2012


Friday , I woke up at 6:10 am in an Oklahoma hotel. It took my parents way to long to get moving but by 8:30 we were finally at the Pauls Valley facility. However it turned out on our paper work way back in Febuary we put that we'd pick up Saturday. So they told us they didn't know if they could get ours today but if they had a break they go in the back feild and get the...m for us. I was a bit suprised by a few other people at the pick up. They told us to park next to another Saturday trailer. I honestly thought everyone would be very friendly. However people mistaked us for cutting infront of them and they kept coming up and going on about how long they had been waiting and they didnt appreciate us 'cutting'. So my dad was pretty mad and my mom wasnt a happy camper either. Besides that it had been stormy and cloudy all morning with never ending rain. I supose that kind of put some people in a bad mood too. I must admit I was kind of depressed for a while. Sure we were there but after hours of waiting in the rain, soaking wet, I still hadn't got a gimps of my boys. It seemed like trailers were moving along, but more people kept coming. I thought we'd never get out of there. By time they finally decided to load us, we would have been two hours down the road. I was so thrilled I didnt bother with my umbrella I just stood and looked for them to come. I was utterly shocked at the little time it took them to get my colts. They made it seem like the horses were way out in the back field. Nope. It took the fellas maybe three or four minutes at most to bring my two out! After the long wait, I couldnt complain but still... I decied not to halter my colts and to keep the tags on. I did want them seperated in the trailer but I guess my mom didnt tell them and right away Ace and Harley leaped right in.

So the trailer ride was also miserble. The rain never stoped all through the state of OK and through north Texas. Ace and Harley were soaking wet from the rain and cars splashing them. Every stop I'd go out and check on them. They'd be huttled together shivering. Ace didnt really care too much for me, but Harley was quick to sniff my hand every time I put it to the trailer. While going down the road from my seat and through the window I could see Harley pulling and playing with Aces tail. The drive was about eight hours.

When we finally arrived a storm was on our tails. It seemed like it followed us all the way there and back. We had just enough time to unload them in there temperary pen (I couldnt use the round pen and the barn we build because there was too much rain and mud for the truck to pull the trailer back there.) Five minutes later it poured down rain. Ace and Harley acted as if they were glued to eachother. They pushed thier butts and sides so close to one another that they looked like one creature. When the storm left about 15 min. later I went ahead and started putting out hay. Once my parents and other audience left me for the night I was free to work with my new baby boys. Ace and Harley were never scared of me just cautious. But after along trip they were hurngry. With food I was able to pursaude them I was their friend. I stayed up past midnight working with them in the dark. I was able to pet their fore heads and rub them with with the stick all over theire bodies. Since I couldnt seperate them I was suprised by there progress. It didnt take more than a little time and they were relaxed with my presence.

I had my cott right there under the shelter. The little boys were too nervous about a wheel barrow blocking a water line to go past it and visit me durning the night. They kept to there corner the whole night, not daring to go past the evil wheel barrow.
 
 The famous Extreme Mustang Makeover truck.
 Ace ready to be loaded.
 Finally loaded and ready to make the 7-8 hour trip home....in the rain.
Just unloaded with the storm following us back from OK. Ace and Harley are glued to eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment